Content Harry Potter

Reviews

EdTheBeast posted a comment on Saturday 5th January 2019 7:52pm for Chapter 5: Sur La Cote Weasley

I Love this story. It makes a 1,000 % more sence than the canon. H/HG; B/F; & maybe H/G later for different House heirs.

WhiteElfElder posted a comment on Thursday 1st September 2011 3:17pm for Chapter 5: Sur La Cote Weasley

You know, I wonder if that spell couldn't be undone with enough raw power...I can imagine Harry could generate that with enough frustration.

Geneva posted a comment on Tuesday 30th August 2011 10:31pm for Chapter 5: Sur La Cote Weasley

I am loving this! Can't wait for more!

Wolfric posted a comment on Friday 26th August 2011 1:37pm for Chapter 5: Sur La Cote Weasley

Good chapter. Thanks for writing. W.

Dervish posted a comment on Friday 26th August 2011 10:02am for Chapter 5: Sur La Cote Weasley

Just out of curiosity you are going along with the wizarding world being positively victorian in morals and standards? If that is the case i doubt Molly would demand Harry give a prized family heirloom to anyone not even her as it is one of the few things he has from his parents. It just would not be done even if she were considering him part of her family the object is a Potter Heirloom not a Weasely/Prewitt Heirloom. Also Molly casting spells on Harry and Hermione even if it is her house is more than just a little hinky. but overall i enjoyed the chapter

canoncansodoff replied:

Molly is a controlling egocentric witch who doesn't think twice about treating Harry and Hermione like they are her necessarily obedient children. Even in canon...look at how she asserted control at Grimmauld Place while Harry's godfather was right there. She knows best, and mollylogic trumps everything else in her mind. Just like Dumbledore, who was the one who told Molly about the cloak in the first place. And who kept that heirloom from Harry until he decided to offer to him as a gift.

Molly casting that spell on Fleur (a 19-year old adult in the wizarding world) is even more hinky, but still fully keeping within her domineering character.

Rexnos posted a comment on Friday 26th August 2011 1:25am for Chapter 5: Sur La Cote Weasley

I'm looking forward to the confrontation with Molly. It's bound to happen eventually and it has the potential to be explosive. Granted, it isn't likely to be literally explosive since this isn't an action fic, but it should still be pretty violent.

In any case, fun stuff. I'm impressed by all the witty banter flying back and forth, although I shouldn't be surprised as it's in all your fics. I'm curious to see what you could do with a story a little less romance powered and a little more serious. I'm sure the results would be impressive.

Later,
Rex

canoncansodoff replied:

Thanks for the review.

I write the kind of stories that I like to read...and sometimes have troubles finding elsewhere. There are lots of great, serious action fics out there (many on this site)...I'm happy for now to stay in the niche that I've settled into. And so long as I'm not regurgitating the same lines and same plot twists? Although, Muggle Summer probably comes close to meeting your specs.

brad posted a comment on Friday 26th August 2011 1:09am for Chapter 5: Sur La Cote Weasley

Your 'mature' stories have always been perched on the edge of my HP fanfic comfort zone as I'm not too interested in the smut/innuendo side of things. Luckily for me I'm finding 'A Boon for Bill' as having some good stuff outside of that category, although some chapters - like this one - make me a bit nervous. A whole lot of attention on the forbidden zones. But that's cleverly done, too, which makes it all quite entertaining.

I'm a staunch H/Hr man so that aspect of your story has me firmly on-board, even if I'm more the fluffy sort. Aside from that I'm finding myself more interested in other facets of your plot which I hope are coming up ... like what will happen when Molly first catches one of our heroes with her love potion. I'm quite looking forward to how you're going to have Harry or Hermione respond, how you'll write it. Will the subject be totally unaware as he/she suddenly lusts for for a redhead? Will his/her familiar pick up on the new vibes, or react badly to them? (I'm thinking of Crookshanks - as you may recall I really enjoyed your slant on Hermione and her familiar in the opening chapters of this story, just the idea of her being a normal, emotional girl letting her hair down with her familiar - suddenly hissing and spitting with hair electrified when her mistress does an about-face, for example.) Will the other be - inside - secretly disappointed that the target succumbed? Maybe until he/she, also, is dealt a dose? Also the whole Bill-liegeman thing and releasing Fleur.

Anyway, there were some nice non-sex parts to this chapter, too, for stodgy types like me who get a bit weary of all the different ways to focus on a lady's 'bits'. I liked Harry's 'nobility', the different coloured ticks and so forth (I'd thought he'd resisted Fleur's allure there at the end, but it was pointed out that he'd been out of range). Fleur's magical beach kit was a nifty bit of creativity - the yellow 'purifier' duck particularly tickled my fancy.

And I had me my fluffy H/Hr scene where "Harry and Hermione realised their love for each other and rushed into each other's arms", anyway, so I'm certainly not complaining. I'm pleased you gave them/us that emotional connection. SO much better than a completely mindless canon clinch!

I dare say - given their ages - they *are* teenagers - a Harry and Hermione playing around with their feelings and physical attraction for each other as a precursor to going deeper is more realistic, at that, than a kids-rated version. Anyway, I'm enjoying your story, thank you for continuing with it!

canoncansodoff replied:

Thanks for the review.

I admit that I like to dance close to the line that divides "delightfully naughty" stories from those that are raunchy and sophomoric, and I acknowledge that the last chapter did some tightrope walking on that line. I know that it's not everyone's cup of tea (just as I know that other readers are gushing with encouragement). Glad that you've found other things to enjoy in the story, and i can guarantee that the next chapter or three will dance farther back from that line.

I hope that you aren't disappointed if the conflict that you are anticipating with relish doesn't materialize (at least how you envision it). Please recall that there is no evidence that love potions have been applied, and only strong circumstantial evidence that Amortentia was brewed. Neutralizing agents are being taken proactively, so the couples might not even know if she tries (unless Molly reacts badly to the lack of results). Good point about the familiars, though...they might see greater screen time in future updates.

gadriam posted a comment on Thursday 25th August 2011 5:10pm for Chapter 5: Sur La Cote Weasley

Very nice. The girls' banter and overall relationship is a lot of fun to read, and the link between the mages and their familiars is intriguing. The insta-beach-magic was completely awesome and i just love that duck. Those dresses and glasses were a nice device but that praetego-charm had me howling. Very suitable for Magical Britain. One thing that bothers me though is how easily Harry agrees to the Darth Molly rule. Sure, he's splitting his thinking between two heads, but i still believe he should be plotting escape in a hurry. Perhaps finance a larger flat for his liegeman, ward the hell out of it and just move. The biggest obstacle is Molly, but Harry has the option of open rebellion. He dislikes the matchmaking, he has outgrown Ron by about a decade and Ginny is so annoying he can barely stand her. He would lose close contact with Arthur by ditching the Burrow, but that's it. Hmm. Arthur - naked Hermione... Tough call, right? On the other hand, without problems there's no story.

May Robert Lind in Kramfors bless your keyboard.

g

canoncansodoff replied:

Harry has been acclimatized to Molly's reign over the past couple of summers, and has only been there a week. He is finding ways to subversively operate under her nose, and so maybe it's better the devil you know. At least until his birthday when he can assume more control as Bill's emancipated liege lord.

Recall that I've also given a reason for Hermione to stay at the Burrow...she needs to do magic daily as part of her restorative therapy sessions, and couldn't do that at home. And where Hermione is, Harry is going to want to be.

Feno3000 posted a comment on Thursday 25th August 2011 4:28pm for Chapter 5: Sur La Cote Weasley

Sweet new Update. Just on the borderline of "too" racy, but funny enough to not matter. Especially liked the moment when Pig was mentioned :p The images "at the beach" on the other hand... well i guess an author has to have fun while messing with the heads of his readers sometimes too.

Eric_S posted a comment on Thursday 25th August 2011 3:17pm for Chapter 5: Sur La Cote Weasley

Really enjoying this AU version of 5th year summer and comedy/cluelessness of the Weasley's. Loving the sexual inuendo between Hermione and Fleur (not to mention Harry) during there their summer stay. And the catalouges... BRILLIANT!
Thanks for a great read.